Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Wet vs. Dry Concrete

You know those people that are so set in their ways and routines that no matter what you say or do, you know what to expect and predict because they've always been that way. Verdict? Hard Concrete.

You know those people that are always learning and growing. They seek to always gain knowledge and experience in order to grow their personal capacity? Verdict? Wet Concrete.

I must confess. The older I get, the more set in my ways and lazy I get. My concrete is getting harder.

Why?

Is it because I'm getting older and that's what you do? Is it because I'm content with how I'm growing right now and stretching myself? Why don't I pick up a book more often? Why do I always read the same websites? Why do I watch so much TV? Why don't I expand my capacity more?

Am I going to be THAT person that is so predictable and stuck, that the rest of my life becomes boring and stuck too?

Thankfully, I work for a company that pushes me in this area and cares about my personal development.

What about you? How wet is your concrete? Are you still moldable or stuck?

No comments: